Leicester Outdoor Pursuits Centre is a Charitable Organisation that provides Outdoor Adventurous Activities that are delivered in a ways which stimulate, educate and motivate all participants at affordable prices all year round. We have fifteen acres of land to explore and there is an activity for everyone to take part in and enjoy, most of the activity sessions are available for both young people and adults as either individuals or as part of an organised group.
The Centre is situated on the River Soar to the North of Leicester City Centre which is easily accessible from all major road routes.
There are many ways that you can get involved at the Centre:
- Public Activities
- Saturday Morning Club
- Training and assessments for national governing body awards in a variety of activities
- Learning outside the classroom provider of educational visits both for young people and adults
- Parties and celebrations
We offer courses from beginner level right up to advanced leadership training, these are ideally suited to teachers and youth group leaders looking to develop their own skills.
- NICAS – National Indoor Climbing Achievement Scheme
- BCU – British Canoe Union
- GNAS – Grand National Archery Society
- NSRA – National Small-Bore Rifle Association
- BOF – British Orienteering Federation
Water Sports and Land Activities including:
- High ropes course, Climbing Tower
- Canoeing, Kayaking, Raft Building, Bridge Building, Bell-Boating
- Bushcraft and Survival Skills, Archery, Air Rifles
- Teambuilding Activity Courses
- Quality Badge for Learning Outside the Classroom
- Licensed provider of Outdoor and Adventurous Activities under the terms of the Adventurous Activities Licensing Act (AALA)
- Adventuremark Accreditation – the Adventure Activity Industry Advisory Committee (AAIAC)
- The National Indoor Climbing Achievement Scheme (NICAS)
- British Canoe Union (BCU)